Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Copy Picture

12 replies [Last post]
MATHEW JOSEPH
User offline. Last seen 12 years 29 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Is there any copy picture icon in P3e like P3?

Replies

Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
[Silly (and not on the subject) post was deleted by the Moderator. This thread is now closed as the subject is obviously complete.]
Forum Guest
[deleted by Moderator]
Forum Guest
All right! That’s good then! Sorry! Cheers!
Forum Guest
I- Forum Guest - Beh, did apologise to Paul, you-Forum Guest, read before you write.
Forum Guest
Hi Forum Guest,
I’m surprised that you wrote: "Paul, I am rather surprised that you do not know this." You - Forum Guest - should know that in P3e/c there is no command like "Copy Picture" in P3 3.1, that one helps you to capture the screen, the Gantt Chart. The option with Notebook is someting else...Or you can create pdf files from your Gantt and then from within Acrobat say: Select Graphics...copy, paste...Paul’s right!
Forum Guest
No, P3e does not include copy picture (camera icon) option built in directly like P3.
Forum Guest
Sorry Paul,
Missed the topic.

Beh
Forum Guest
As I said earlier,
1) go to Notebook, add a topic, say "P3 actitivity log info", click the "picture" icon to insert.
2) From the dialog box, go to browse to select the source of the picture and click enter.
3) Go to View, Bars, select current bar (or whichever that you are working on), click on the Bar Labels tab.
4) Select the position you want to show the picture, then, duoble click under Label to open the drop down menu. Select "Notebook P3 Activity Log Info"

You should then be able to view the picture.
I have inserted gif file, wow, it moves.....
If you are utilizing the html format as part of your reporting, you can save the layout and publish as html format (we are setting up this option for our present project - Ranaissance Residences), the graphic is still there, but this time it does not animate.

Good luck.

Beh

Paul, I am rather surprised that you do not know this.
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Press Alt-PrintScreen, capture the image, paste to your required location, is it help?
If you want part image only, paste the image in PaintBush, cut out the area you want and paste onto final location.
Forum Guest
What I am looking for is the camera icon which allows you to copy part of the P3 - Table / Gnatt layout without using a third party screen capture programme
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 4 weeks ago. Offline
Not that I found, try a programme like SnagIt.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Book Publishers, Training & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Forum Guest
go to notebook, there is an option for graphic insertion at the bottom.

Beh