Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Synchronization of P3 and Excel

7 replies [Last post]
Althaf Mohamed
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Everybody,
Is it possible to Synchronize P3 and Excel please advice....

Althaf
althaf314@gmail.com

Replies

Althaf Mohamed
Hi Mr.Gün Göksu,
Thank you very much for ur wonderful help .......thanks a lot

Althaf
Gün Göksu
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline
Ok, Here I am again.

Sorry for the previous quick message, I had a Ton of stuff to do and P3 tabular reporting was acting (still is by the way).

I now have a better understanding of why longtime P3 users do their reporting mostly on Access.

Anyway,

attached below are a couple of links you should read.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=&Cat=2&Top=18907&...
details export/import issues for excel.
excel2007 does not save dbf files. you will need to use excel2003 or openoffice or access.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?fid=&Cat=2&Top=587
for how to setup the connection and what is what.

the Pervasive driver that works is named od32v204.exe
a search for "pervasive od32v204.exe download" finds a couple of downloads. you can also find links on the forum here.

but Paul Harris’ file works with WinNT/2000, it will work with XP. I used to use it on my WinXP.

Hope this helps.
Göksu
A D
User offline. Last seen 3 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Altaf,

The pervasive ODBC Drivers available on Paul Harris website is compatible only for Windows NT / 2000 and not for Xp or vista.

Couple of years before, Pervasive ODBC Drivers (Compatible with Xp) were available on primavera’s FTP site but now it’s all removed.

My recommendation, is to install these drivers in consultation with ur IT guys, as they are more aware with the compatibilty issues.

Plz refer to the technical paper available on Paul Harris website (www.eh.com.au) explaining the connection of P3 database with Excel and Access.

Cheers,

Ravi
Gün Göksu
Syncing the file depends on a lot of factors.
first grab a copy on the pervasive ODBC driver.
the link is somewhere in the forum.
you need to search for it.

you also need to update the P3 dictionary (look @ menu tools).

after you install that driver, you will need to create a new odbc connection under windows.

then open excel or access and "import data", "odbc connection" Pervasive connection you created a moment ago, choose the tables and done.

you will then have the p3 tables under access.
please search the forum using the forum search link above the page. you will get more information there. everythng has been previously written in detail.

sorry I dont have the time to teach you step by step.
Althaf Mohamed
Hi Mr.Gün Göksu
Can you please explian me in detail or send a copy of any project which is Synchronized with Excel.....Plz send this will be very useful to me...Thanx

Althaf
althaf314@gmail.com
Gün Göksu
yes it is.

the best way to do that is to use a ODBC connection.
another way would be to go through the Ra utility.

there are examples in the P3 CD.

also do a search in the Forum for previous examples.

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 30 min ago. Offline
Gün Göksu

A PP member is having problems with the OBDC drivers, I also had mine, any help will be appreciated, the issue is under the following link.

I am not sure the issue is becuase of compatibility with the operating system, maybe at least you can give us a clue.

http://www.planningplanet.com/forum/forum_post.asp?Cat=2&Top=7181

Best regards,
Rafael