Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Converting from P3 to MSP(microsoft project)

4 replies [Last post]
Tariq Usman
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

can anybody help me in converting project from P3 to MSP. If this has been discussed before then can anybody forward the link.

thanks

tariq

Replies

Marcio Sampaio
User offline. Last seen 11 years 30 weeks ago. Offline
This article is very good ... i recommend.

Regards.
Paul Harris
User offline. Last seen 1 year 6 days ago. Offline
There is an article on my website about this process under Technical papers.

Paul E Harris
Eastwood Harris Pty Ltd, Melbourne, Australia
Planning and Scheduling Training Manual & Book Publishers & Consulting
www.eh.com.au
Tariq Usman
User offline. Last seen 1 year 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

thanks john, i appreciate your help.
John Lawson
User offline. Last seen 10 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
Hi

You need to use a utility called "MPX Conversion Utility", this normally located in the programme folder (it should be beside the P3 icon that you use to start up the system from the start-up menue).

It is also located as an icon when you open the first P3 screen, (the grey one - prior to moving into a project).

It is a case of just using the P3 windows, and you should be able to do a MSP/P3 convertion.

Then your problems begin!!!!

My personnel preferance is to leave it in MSP or at the least retype it into P3.

Their are several threads on this subject, just "trawl" for them.

Regards

John