Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted units Vs Original duration

3 replies [Last post]
Kashif Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 20 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

whenever i fix budgeted units, the original duration remains the same... why?.. lets suppose if there is an activity of 10 days and the working units are 80 Manhours. Now if i appoint a resource and budget it only 40 hours. then original duration must be changed to 5 days and must not remain to 10 days. i am confused, plz help.

regards,

KK

Replies

Kashif Khan

Hi Daniel,

It worked, again thanks.

regards,

KK

Kashif Khan

Thnaks daniel... sure it will work.. my office is off today.. tomorrow i will go and try and give u my feedback...

cheers.

kk

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 41 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Kashif,

First off, that is the way it should be (the default), the duration should be fixed and the remaining units / time is normally the one that P6 calculates, it simply divide budgeted units / duration = Remaining Units / Time. Now if you want P6 to calculate the other way around you should define your duration type to 'Fixed Units/Time and then go to Edit, User Preferences and click calculations and in Resource Assingments you have two options click the bottom one where it says 'Recalculate Units, duration and Units/Time based on duration type'

Let me know if it works.

Regards,

Daniel