Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Data Date

3 replies [Last post]
Roland Payawan
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone,

Is there anyone here have any idea how to make the the Data Date calculate the progress update from the end of the day the data date is set rather than from the start.

Hope someone can give some info.

Thanks in advance and Happy Planning.

Replies

rezvan zeinali
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

hi Deart

Is there anyone here have any idea how to make the the Data Date 20th every month and be able to use report of p6?

i wuld be appreciated if i have comments from you.

Roland Payawan
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Ronald,

Thanks for showing me how to do it, it really works however i don't really agree with what you have "Oh, by the way: Primavera defines the Data Date as the first possible time that remaining work can start.  The Data Date is not the date that the status was taken" because how i understand the data date is "The Date to use as the starting point for schedule calculations, and that is why we're changing the data date to the date when we want to record progress"

Again thanks.

Happy Planning to all.

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Roland,

What you are asking for is unusual, but very do-able using P6.  Even though you are apparently having P6 only show days and not hours, that does not mean that P6 is calculating in day units.  Regardless of display settings, P6 calculates everything down to the minute.

Under Edit / User Preferences / Dates tab / Time Section, click on the 12 hour or 24 hour radio buttons (and also on “Show Minutes”).  Then press F9 and set the Data Date with 18:00 as the time unit.  This will accomplish you goal.

Oh, by the way: Primavera defines the Data Date as the first possible time that remaining work can start.  The Data Date is not the date that the status was taken.  This is why I said that your request was unusual.  Good luck!