Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Help need with % pls

1 reply [Last post]
G T
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Please I need help...

I have just two activities "test 1" and "test 2", 100 days duration each.

When I put 100 units in "Budget">"Budgeted amount", for the activity "test 1" it gives some STRANGE 52 units in "earned value" and "actual to date" even when % is 0 (I ll try to attach printscreen).

Also when I F9 for different dates (and I dont change % I only F9) earned valus keeps changing... I dont know why....

Pls help

For the activity "test 2" everything seems ok.

printscreen.jpg

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 7 hours 10 min ago. Offline

Check on this, from P3 Manual:

P3 calculates the earned value as the resource percent complete

times the budget. If no resource percent complete is specified, P3

uses the schedule percent complete for the activity. The budget can

be taken from either the current or the target schedule. Use the

Earned Value Calculations dialog box (choose Tools, Options,

Earned Value) to specify which budget to use to calculate earned

value.

Maybe the earned value is being calculated using resource percent complete if the activity has assigned resources with budget and percent complete other than zero.

Sorry but I am loosing whatever P3 proficiency is left on my mind as I no longer use P3, hope this can be of some help.

Regards,

Rafael