Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Urgent help pls regarding re-scheduling (F9)

6 replies [Last post]
G T
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Forum could u pls help me ... its very utgent...

I was given some schedule prepared in P3 so when I reschedule it to some other dates (F9) early activities dont move they are frozen. Data date line keeps moving  but activities not... I even inserted some dummy activities linked to nothing but they stuck at start date and dont move....

Thanks very much

G

Replies

G T

Dear Vond it seems it worked ... frozen activities moved (I ll go in datails to see whether everything moved or no) could u briefly explain me what that means ?

Dear Gary thanks for ur reply I did as Vond advised (all my activities were early start - none of the actual or something other )

Dear Rafael thabks for ur I think there are to targets in schedule... 

Thank u all... :)

G T

Dear Vond it seems it worked ... frozen activities moved (I ll go in datails to see whether everything moved or no) could u briefly explain me what that means ?

Dear Gary thanks for ur reply I did as Vond advised (all my activities were early start - none of the actual or something other )

Thank u all... :)

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 6 hours 7 sec ago. Offline

Out of curiosity, are you looking at current job bars and date columns or are you looking at target bars and target date columns? At times when we inherit a schedule prepared by others we do not know about some "hidden" settings that might misled us.

Make sure you have a Backup of the file it might be difficult to unschedule the job latter on.

Gary Whitehead
User offline. Last seen 4 years 46 weeks ago. Offline

You're definitely doing F9 and not CTRL+ F9? check to make sure your CTRL key is not stuck

After you schedule, do the activities that are not moving have actual dates or forecast (ie is there an "A" in the dates)?

G T

Thanks Vond for your reply ..

but seems didn't work.... :(

Vond Kye
User offline. Last seen 12 years 33 weeks ago. Offline

GT,

Go to schedule icon not the F9 key and then press options > Advance > Uncheck Allow scheduling and levelling of individual projects.

Then on the Project Group Scheduling  Check Replace Project Data dates when scheduling

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

Vond