Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Resource Level results into Logic

6 replies [Last post]
Farzin Farsi
User offline. Last seen 3 years 21 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Planners,

After resource leveling the schedule, is there a quick way to transform the results into the schedule as logic (links).

I dont want to Level the schedule every time; once happy with results I'd rather to keep them.

Cheers

Replies

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

If indeed resource levelling is necessary because of the availability of the resources... the resources has to be assigned to individual resource calendars....

The reality is PLANNERS ARE LAZY in fact.... that is why these GREAT features from the programs are not used as its purposes.

Jehad Aldaoud PMP...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thank you, Rafael for your advise 

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 54 min ago. Offline

jiahd,

It is not necessarily you, although at times it is the scheduler, at other times it is the software. Not all software are created equal.

Unfortunately I have not been able to find a true independent reference that is up to date and includes Spider Project, Primavera P6, Asta Power Project, MS Project and Aurora among others. An independent reference from a recognized institution.

I was among those who avoid resource leveling when was a SureTrak user, we found it to be not good enough for our needs, even P3 we considered not enough, P6 no way.

I have compared my software with a few others that claim to have the superior algorithm and my choice always won, at times by a wide margin. But it is impossible for me, as an individual to make a comparison using a selection of more than a handful of software, and not to mention the procedure that will make the comparison valid.

If you feel it is not you, then you shall investigate other tools.

Best Regards,

Rafael

Jehad Aldaoud PMP...
User offline. Last seen 4 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I don't prefer make resource leveling for schedule,because give weak results 

best regards 

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 27 weeks 6 days ago. Offline

On the Schedule Options... Check the Box beside "Level Resources During Scheduling".

Regards,

When project data will change (after entering actuals or some other changes) initial leveled schedule may become poor.

I would not recommend to transform delays created by resource leveling into project dependencies.

Why not level regularly?