Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planners trouble shoot guide

1 reply [Last post]
VENKAT RAMANA
User offline. Last seen 13 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Dear All...

In the most recent times i have learnt that there are a wide variety of planning softwares,out of which am experienced working /leraning/developing on..are primavera(3.0,5.1),MS-Project,Safran Project planner,Pro-Chain(CCPM & TOC)..i have gone through all the above listed softwares completely and found that more or less all are same.

Am in the process to develop a Planners trouble shoot guide which shall b a guiding source for every planner,i invite atleast 3 major problems in each of your project you have gone so far to compile a guide and relate each other in a chain.

You can mail me at venkatr029@rediffmail.com...

Regards,

VENKAT

Replies

VENKAT RAMANA
User offline. Last seen 13 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
I find most of you might find difficulty in what am asking you actually..for example..you can type down the major possibilities from your exoerience like..

1)Planning of a project based on milestone basis with resources is less beneficial than planning it with resouces and without milestones.
2)Use of crane for milestones for a fixed duration in plan and in actual using it relentlessly can make your plan tragic..anyof the questions like this which are practical are needed for my compilation..

Regards,

VENKAT