Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Progress Updates on Resourced and Duration Based Plan

4 replies [Last post]
Danya Pearce
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Hi All,

I have delevloped a schedule in MS Project incorporating engineering design and procurement activities. I have resourced the engineering and drawing office activities but obviously not resourced the procurement lead times etc as they are duration based. Can someone please give me the best method to track progress on this schedule (in excell formatt) as I will be receiving % complete on the engineeering deliverables from our document management system (based on weightings)?

Thanks

Danya

Replies

Danya Pearce
thanks for the advice
Omar Grant
User offline. Last seen 15 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Danya - just a comment on procurement weightings: I normally score a weighting of 75% when the PO/Contract awarded, 25% to the manufacture/delivery. Cheers,
Danya Pearce
thanks,

appreciate your response. will try it!!!

All the best

Danya
Sukumaran Subaram...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Malaysia
Danya,

You can assign dummy resource to procurement schedule, i.e Man = 1. Then export the info to excel to calculate the weight and update the progress.

HTH.