Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Planning Software

10 replies [Last post]
David Bordoli
User offline. Last seen 7 years 52 weeks ago. Offline
Does anyone know of a source (sources?) of independent reviews of Planning/Project Management software.

It is difficult to get an objective view from vendors (of course) and individuals who tend to like the software they are most familiar with. I am thinking about reviews in magazines, for instance, that might perform a standard bench test and look at and compare what facilities are included in each package.

My main interest is relative to the UK construction industry but, of course, reviews or information from anywhere would be most appreciated.

Thanks

David

Replies

Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
letme search it in my labratory of university, I will inform it as soon as finding it
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Could you list the name and issue of that journal?

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Morteza Jafari
User offline. Last seen 11 years 40 weeks ago. Offline
if I remebered I have read a subject in PM journal in last year, this journal had done a realistic investigation for all PM software and outcome was a evalation table, this table showed ability of all softwares also there was another report about users about this subject, you have these journals you can find your answer.
Bernard Ertl
User offline. Last seen 9 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Folks, the Planning Planet Team is working on building a survey that will allow Planning Planet members to rate different software systems for direct comparisons:

Planning Planet Software Survey Project

Bernard Ertl
InterPlan Systems Inc. - Project Management Software, Project Planning Software
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
MAYBE THIS SITE WILL HELP YOU.
www.projectconnections.com
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Check for the e-PSO review on the Project Management Today website. It reviews our product which is e-PSO is unique in that it automates the flow of project and programme processes (workflow engine), stores all project activity centrally (knowledge repository) and takes the labour-intensity out of reporting by providing dynamic progress, risk and issues status information (information centre), at the click of a mouse (browser based). It is based on RINCE2 best working practise with flexibility built in. e-PSO could act as a powerful catalyst for introducing new processes, being electronically embedded into the project working culture. It makes it easy for staff to use by presenting the right templates to the right project staff at the right time in the cycle. That is reducing any uncertainty, the admin, the paper handling and the need to plough thru manuals whilst ensuring best working practise is adopted by all concerned.

See www.e-pso.co.uk or e-mail steve.madkins@volteurope.com
David Bordoli
David...

Thanks for your reply.

I have PMT as a source but their reviews albeit comprehensive then to be rather old and once done tend not to be repeated to reflect the current versions.

Id be interested to see your report. Id be grateful if you would contact me at dbordoli@burofour.co.uk.

Regards
David
The most reliable source for PM software application reviews is Project Management Today magazine. They have reviwed most applications.

In addition, I carried out a review of the major players and have a full report.
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 27 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Have a look at IPSO from Omnis Group. You can down load an evaluation version which is fully functional.

It has an evaluators guide which will only take an hour or so to work through.
www.omnis-group.com
David Bordoli
Thanks for that..

I have found some myself (only took a bit of looking!). Anyone else who is intersted ’Project Management Today’ publish software reviews regularly.

Reprints are available to buy http:///www.pmtoday.co.uk

Regards

David.