Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

PMI Scheduling Webinar for PDU: How to Compute Critical Path Drag

No replies
Stephen Devaux
User offline. Last seen 14 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

I just received the blast email (reprinted below) from PMI's Scheduling Community of Practice announcing the webinar that I will be doing for them on July 10th. It is FREE to all PMI members, but you have to register for it. Last I heard (about two weeks ago), over 600 people had already registered. There may be a limit on numbers, so if you want to receive it (and earn a PDU), please register. 

In this webinar, I will be focusing on the importance of critical path drag and drag cost in schedule optimization and recovery. I will also be explaining how to "manually" compute it, both in all-FS networks and in those with complex dependencies and lags.

If any Planning Planet members attend and have questions or comments, I will be delighted to discuss them in this forum.

Fraternally in project management,

Steve the Bajan

Scheduling
Community of Practice

Register Now for Upcoming Webinar

"Critical Path Drag"

Presenter: Steve Devaux, PMP, MSPM

10 July 2013 • 11 AM - 12 PM EDT

Abstract
Steve Devaux’s 1999 book Total Project Control introduced the concept of critical path drag, which three major PM packages now compute. His 2012 article “The Drag Efficient” (Defense AT&L Magazine) and his chapter “Time is a Killer” in A Handbook of Emergency Response (CRC Press, 2013) expand on the concept. This webinar will explain the importance of drag in schedule optimization and recovery, and how to calculate it in both all-FS networks and with complex dependencies.

Our webinar presenter will be Steve Devaux, PMP, MSPM, the President of Analytic Project Management, Swampscott, MA. He has taught project management as Adjunct Instructor at Suffolk, Brandeis, and University of the West Indies. Devaux has consulted for over 25 years with numerous Fortune 500 clients, including Siemens, BAE Systems, Texas Instruments, Wells Fargo Bank, Intelsat, Wyeth, Respironics and iRobot.

If you cannot attend the webinar, the recording will be available within 24 hours at this site. (Filter by recorded webinars)

You can report the PDU for playing the recorded webinar.