Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Change in Budgeted Units

3 replies [Last post]
Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline

Hello Everyone,

 

I exported a schedule, rerouce loaded it and imported it back to the P6.

 

After checking some activity I saw that I for got to add some other resource for the same activity. But when I add this resource through Primavera it changes the existing allocated reource. I do not want that to happen. Please advice me on how to tackle it.

 

Example :

Activity A had a resource at First: Carpenter - 20 Hrs .

 

I missed adding Labor, so when I added it. It distributes the 20 Hrs, Now Carpenter = 10 Hrs, Labor = 10 Hrs

 

Thanks

Jithin

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 47 min 10 sec ago. Offline
Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1624

You're welcome, happy to help.

Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 1 day 3 hours ago. Offline

Thanks Rodel,

 

A good info.

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 47 min 10 sec ago. Offline
Joined: 25 Oct 2006
Posts: 1624

Hi Jithin,

You need to change the Resource assignment calculation when adding or removing resources. On menu select Edit--> User Preferences. When the pop-up window User Preferences click Calculation tab and select Preserve Units, Duration, .... see below:
Resource-Assignment-Option