Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Loops

2 replies [Last post]
Ron Beechey
User offline. Last seen 4 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Not sure if its been covered before but for information

I found I was getting loops in a imported schedule that I was updating in P6 with a schedule from a contractor.  I would only update the activities, relationships, and resources on the activities.   All the rest i would set to keep existing.   The contractor had made a number of logic changes in the plan.   I imported and went to F9 the project after some links to outside milestones and I suddenly had loops appear.   I was thinking that they were in the contractors XER they had submitted.   I tested thiers as a new project and F9 worked fine.

I removed the loops and imported the plan again and got the loops again.    Finally I stopped to read the delete check box in the import modifcation area and I deleted all the relationships in the current plan and replaced the same with the import plan.  I didnt have any more loops 

Just thought maybe you could use this info for those ever running into the same problem.

I think the import plan was simply adding the logic which was new to the logic already there.

Replies

Faye Hewitt-Lighty
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

Thank you for sharing this information

Sanjeet Teri
User offline. Last seen 11 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Thanks Ron for Sharing this.