Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Nonsense / Nuisance Blogs

8 replies [Last post]
Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Admin

There has been a recent spate of nonsense blogs with some sort of web link embedded.

I would suggest that a banner be put out advising members not to open any of these links.

Alexender Fleming is one of the latest who should be banned please.

It woiuld make my life much easier if I could search on the name and then block delete all offending entries.

Best regardss

Mike T.

Replies

Hi Mike,

Good, good :)

James

Mike Testro

Hi James

Whatever you did over the weekend it seems to be working.

A series of threads entered by "Sam Stones" were on the forum a minute ago and they have disapeared now.

Best regards

Mike T.

Hi there,

We have someone removing them and a plan on how to have all post 'removed' in one simple move.  There's also a service we can subscribe to that might help.

We can't write too much here as it will help these idiots to get around what we do.

Lets see if it works.

Thanks for your continued support.

Thanks James

Mike Testro

Hi Daniel

Its not a virus just the same scumbag as last week.

I took an hour and a half to take them off last time but not again.

Admin - One solution may be to limit new members to 5 threads a day - that will stop these multiple entries.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Daniel Limson
User offline. Last seen 4 years 39 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Mike,

It looks like a our site has been hit by a virus, this coach thing is everywhere!

Admin check please!

Regards,

Daniel

Mike Testro

Hi James

The spammer is back again - this time as coachshoes coach - he is putting them up quicker than I can take them out.

I am giving up the task as it is taking too long.

Please can we have a filter - block delete function so I can take them all out in one hit.

At the last count there are 86 spam posts all over the forum.

Best regards

Mike T.

Mike Testro

Hi James

You can make it easier for Moderators to delete rogue threads.

Using the fail safe system currently in use it take 3-4 minutes to locate and delete a rogue thread.

And when I am using the search engine to locate spam words deleted threads still appear.

Another possibility is for new members to deposit 10$ in some sort of escrow account which is forfeit when they are removed but returned after 3 months to genuine members.

Any surplus going to a recognised charity.

And please - when are you going to change that "Save" button to "Post Now"

Best regards

Mike Testro

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to let us all know.

I am informed that this user has been blocked and his / her posts removed.  As with the other moderators, and keen / proactive members who tell us about these offenders, we simply have to delete them.

Not sure what else we can do?

Regards...