Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

change asta calendar

5 replies [Last post]
Vasilios Sarras
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi there,

Could anyone please explain the method to changing the calendar on asta so that selected days become 24hours and not only 8hours?

Thank you

Vas

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Vasilios.

These adjustments are made in the separate Work Pattern section. Set up the work pattern that you want and then add it to the calendar.

Best regards Mike Testro

Rob Ronchi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I need to create an hourly calender to be able to program 24 hr a day works that go on for multiple days. The program needs to show the work in hours not part of days. 

Ive been into the asta calendars and can get the 24/7 option but as the timeline is not aligned with day dates the calendar wont work.

Im playing with excel to get by but it leaves a lot wanting in the form of quality.

Anmy and all help appreciated

Mike Testro

Hi Vasilios

I explained how to set up a new calendar called 24/7 - keeping the original 8hr 5day calender in place.

When you have the two calendars in the library you can allocate any one of them to any task in your programme.

When you have the 24/7 calendar set your duration column to ED.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Vasilios Sarras
User offline. Last seen 7 years 36 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks for the response Mike. 

I was able to change from the default 5day 8hour working week to a 24hr-7day week. This helps me in some respects as the days which I want to be 24hr are now 24hr. But once all the days are set at 24hr I cannot work out how to add exceptions to change some days back to the normal 8hr working day. 

When I draw a bar with the 24hr work pattern the duration indicated is 1d 16hr.

All I am trying to do is add 24hr working days on two specific weeks. Is there any chance you could give me clearer instructions please as I am new to all the asta terminology.

Many thanks,

Vas 

Mike Testro

Hi Vasilios

The most direct way is to set up a work pattern with a 24 hour work day which can then be applied to all 7 days.

Call this 24/7.

In your 8 hour calendar copy and paste and call it 24/7.

Edit the new callendar to remove all exceptions and then add the new work pattern.

You have to repeat this for every year that affects your project.

Best regards

Mike Testro