Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing format in Text Annotations

3 replies [Last post]
Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 12 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Fellow Asta travellers,

Anyone know how to change percentage complete if using overall percent complete in text annotations to show % instead of default two decimal places.

Am pointing to overall percentage which by default has two devcimal places, then changed this and refreshed view - annotation did not change.

23-09-2011_11-03-am.jpg

Whilst on this, is there somewhere were we can set default to no decimal places for all??

Thankyou in anticipation!

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Craig

I have just replicated your situation and the 2 decimal default is fixed - I could find no way to edit it.

You can put a text % symbol after the decimals.

Put it on the Asta Wish List for the next edition.

Best regards

Mike Testro

Craig Adams
User offline. Last seen 12 years 23 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Mike,

I understand how to change percent to show % in columns, however in this case I am using annotations in the chart area and I have set them to show the percentages.

The annotations do not change when you change the columns, they remain the same with two decimal places. It's the annotations I am unable to change formating of not the actual percentage column.

Cheers,

Craig Adams

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

Hi Craig

High Light the coloumn

Right Click and select Format Cells

Select Percent - select 0 decimals

Click OK and you get the percent sign.

Best regards

Mike Testro