Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Revised Baseline

4 replies [Last post]
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,

When a project starts a Baseline programme is made to monitor progress. After some duration normally the baseline programme become unrealistic and thus a revised programme has to be prepared....

Now my question is when we make this revised programme do we have to enter the actual dates of activities that have already under progress or finished...Coz when we put the actual dates an as planned impact for delay analysis will be difficult.

How is it done???

Replies

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
You can do impact analysis in the revised one .Make sure your delay event is after the date date of respective programme
Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
Thanx all for your response.

It means I have to use the latest updated programme and do revision on this to make my revised programme.

And I cannot do As-planned Impact analysis. So what kind of Impact analysis should I do and how?

It looks like I still can do an impact analysis on delays which are after the data date in case of activities which have not started but for those whcih have started or completed I will have to use the baseline programme not the revised one. But sometimes the consultants donot agree to look at the baseline programme after they have approved the revised one. They prefer to do analyis on the revised one....

Whats your opinion???

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 20 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Azeez

when you do revised programme with actual dates i trust you would have mentioned actual dates taking in to the account of delay event which has impacted the completion date

Hence you cannot do impacted as planned method since there is no effect on the programme due to actual dates
Akhtar Khan
User offline. Last seen 10 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,
If you want to make a new baseline u have to take the latest updated program with actual dates and then u may revised the sequence of work or add new activites or revise the links etc.Then u make this program as new baseline 2 keeping ur original baseline same as it is.