Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 - Resource Units Graph not spreading resources correctly

5 replies [Last post]
Bill Luster
User offline. Last seen 11 years 11 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I have loaded my P6 schedule with 17 resources and I have entered "planned" units resource numbers for each resource/each activity.

When I pull up the resource graph, the planned units only show up in the first month (for example: 3 month activity with 96 hours... all 96 hours are in month one). 

I know this is a setting somewhere.  I've searched, but no luck.

Thanks!  Bill

Replies

Bill Luster

"You can try setting the "Resource Units/Time" for each activity to a value that gives you an even spread over the duration of the activity.  You can add a column "Resource  Units/Time" column in your Resource tab.  You will have to provide a value for each resource in each activity. "

I'll be trying that on Monday morning...  That was also recommended by a co-worker, but I didn't have a chance to try it today.  To busy!!!

Thanks for your help!

Bill................

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 hours ago. Offline

Hi Bill

Check the histogram is for selected activities or for all activities 

Cheer's

Shahul

Scott McComb
User offline. Last seen 12 years 25 weeks ago. Offline

You can try setting the "Resource Units/Time" for each activity to a value that gives you an even spread over the duration of the activity.  You can add a column "Resource  Units/Time" column in your Resource tab.  You will have to provide a value for each resource in each activity. 

Bill Luster

No.  I am not using any resource curves.  I did some searching.  There are some different things I can try. 

Alex Alex
User offline. Last seen 6 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Anything to do with resource curve type? Front loading or manual curve settings?