Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Calculation Error

4 replies [Last post]
Comert Vardar
User offline. Last seen 12 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hello my friends,
I wonder why my already defined and assigned resources budgeted costs always produce 1 digit more than usual.
for example; i assigned 1 Excavator with default and max. units; 10h/d
lets say price; 55$/h
and activity duration; 100d
so normally bugdeted cost must be ; 10*55*100=55.000$ but
it shows 550.000 for all kind of resources assigned. i think there are some calculation options problems rather than errors.
could you please help me with overcoming this sick problem.?

thanks all the way,

Comert Vardar

Replies

jeoffrey reyes
User offline. Last seen 3 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Comert,

How about your calendar? Did you check it also?
Cheers,
Comert Vardar
Problem is still unsolved. I will be glad if any help,recommends work for it.

Comert
Comert Vardar
i just wanted to give an extra information about max units. so there is no related issue about max units, i know.

i checked budgeted units again.

real example from my schedule;
165 day long Bedding activity;
*Loader works:10h/d, price units:10,1$/h, budgeted units:1650 nothing wrong up to here,
but budgeted price; 166.500$
it must be 16.650$, as i know.

if that doesn’t make sense, i could send you print-screen shot from my assigned resources, my friend.

Thanks for help anyway.
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 2 hours 20 min ago. Offline
Cormert,
If your settings is $55/h x 100d x 10h/d = $55,000.00 and if the settings is $55/d x 100d = 5,500.00 therefore both of your calculation is wrong. Max unit 10h/d day doesn’t not control resource assigned. It is only the boundary that P6 will set that the resource assigned is over allocated if exceeded on the max unit defined. When assigning resources the default assignment is defined under Resource detail tab-> Default unit/time and not the max unit/time under unit & prices. Can you check your settings and the budgeted unit assigned to your resources which will be the multiplier from define price/unit?