Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

How to have multiple fixed unit prices per resource

1 reply [Last post]
Oli Kallenborn
User offline. Last seen 4 years 50 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hey all,

On my project we have over a hundred different sub contractors and we are importing schedules from each one of them into P6

I am trying to standardise the resource codes that we use, this means that the resource needs to be very flexible in the unit rates as almost all the contractors have different rates.

I am trying to get the schedules quanity driven, thus using the cost units linked on the resource.

From what I can see I can only assign a limited number of Unit rates.

Any help would be appreciated.

Oli

Replies

Niek Zonneveld
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Oli,

In the assignment view you can set the rate source to override, and then change the price per unit for each assignment. Just bring in the columns "rate source" and "price/unit", and you’ll see what I mean.

In that way, you are no longer dependent on the five rates you have for both roles and resources.

Hope this helps,

Niek.