Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing the Price/Unit of multiple resources in one shot

2 replies [Last post]
Tim Fog
User offline. Last seen 13 years 26 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

We have activities that have resources in multiple offices.  In order to show the remaining hours per activity for the individual offices, we are currently setting the Price/Unit to 1 for the resource we want to show, and 0 for the resources we do not want to show.  This way, we can rename the column for Remaining Labor Cost to Remaing Hours and we can show each resource separately.  The problem is that if I want to switch to the other office, I need to change each resource manually.  I would like to set up a Global Change or something similar to reset each member of a resource tree to be 1 or 0.  Since we don't do cost in the schedule, it won't matter that it will change for every project, because each scheduler will need to run the change before issuing their look-aheads.

Any suggestions on how to run a global change on resource Price/Unit???

Thanks!

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 5 hours 56 min ago. Offline

Consider using cost accounts, one account per office and keep the unit price for all resources.

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 37 weeks ago. Offline

Easy peasy. You set two prices for each resource in the units/prices tab. The global change you run on the resource asignments table changes the resource rate from price/unit1 to price/unit2.....