Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Early Remaining Units showing on Data Date...why ?

4 replies [Last post]
Irfan Khan
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 5 hours ago. Offline

hi to all experts,

i have a query to ask about the Remaining Early Units because right now i have prepared my recovery schedule & my Data Date is 12 Sep 2014, furthermore my 1st day of Week is Friday. 

The Problem that my Remaining Early Units shows on 12 Sep 2014 rather than showing by 19 Sep 2014 which is my next week plan as you can see in the attaached snapshot, eventhough i have checked my calenders, constraints & non of the activity have negative float.

any help in this regard will be highly appreciated

early_units.jpg

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

if all of the predcessors to this activity have been complted then the earliest that this resouce can being is on the data date. Therfore what is shown is the correct under the usage spreadsheet option

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 13 weeks 5 days ago. Offline

Hi Irfan,

In CPM network, data date is the starting point for scheduling the activities and its associated units (Resources)

Therefore, your snapshot is correct and clearly shows there are scheduled activities planned to start on 12 Sep 2014.

Cheers

Shahul Badhusha

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 18 weeks 1 day ago. Offline
Groups: None

hi irfan,

data date of 12th sept means the progress up to 11th sept is recorded and the remaining units will start or distributed from 12th sept itself.

Regards

Kannan