Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 Early finish date is stucking in the project data date

2 replies [Last post]
emre odabas
User offline. Last seen 12 years 18 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am not able to change the early finis date for a finished activity even if the completion date is seen correct in activity details tab and in actual finish date. I am changing the date but whenever scheduling the project data date comes back. I tried to change all the variables (activity types, constraints, removed relations etc.) but I couldn't succeed. The following image is summarizing my problem:

http://img59.imageshack.us/img59/6118/p6problem.jpg

I am a rookie for primavera and if anyone has any idea about it I will be glad

Thank you

Replies

Shareef Abdul Azeez
User offline. Last seen 2 years 43 weeks ago. Offline

Hi emre

Use Start & Finish Date fields instead of Early Start & Early Finish.

Early & Late Dates are dynamic

Normally activities to left of the Data Date are updated but in ur case ur DD is behind the actual finish date.

Download the document---Understanding P6 Dates from the website below to get a better understanding on the date fields in P6

http://ronwinterconsulting.com/published.htm

Regards

Shareef

Sethupathy Subram...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Dear,

After assigning an actual date for an activity you cannot change the early dates for that activity. 

P6 assigns the data date for the early start/early finish of any acitvity and also assigns late start/late finish based on the no of days that activity could have been delayed or advanced based on the current update. 

Simply put - dont try to change the early or late dates of any activity after assigning actuals to the activity. 

Regards

Sethupathy