Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

MS project 2003 Duration and Finish does not reconcile

2 replies [Last post]
muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

I have a strange problem, I want change my clander from 8 hrs to 9 hrs. Before doing it on the project i experimented

Created a new project put an activity

Name              Duration           Start              Finish

Task 1                5days           11/7/11           15/7/11

Then I created a new calender with 9 hr working. Changed the calender of the task  as well as default working hours of the day from 8 to 9hrs and  of the week to 45 instead of 40hrs which resulted duration from 5days  to 4.4days. I then changed the duration to 5 days in the duration column but the bar representing the task is finihisng on Monday week following.

Name              Duration           Start                           Finish

Task 1                5days           11/7/11 8:00           18/7/11 10:00

Please note I have changed the project calendar to new calender as well and no resourse is assigned yet.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards

Muhammad

Replies

muhammad anwar
User offline. Last seen 3 years 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS

Ismet

Thanks for your comments. Problem was it was running calcultion from project start time. whatever calender you assign that does not solve the problem and have to change the defauld project start timing.

Regards

Muhammad

Ismet Kocaman
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Your "Hours per day" setting and business hours per day (on the project calendar or on the task calendar if applied) do not match. Open the Change Working Time dialog box and click any working day of the calendar in the middle then check the time ranges displayed on the right to verify that your settings are effective. For example, you need to see 08:00-12:00 and 13:00-18:00 for 9 hour in any business day.

You can do a simple test: enter a 9-hour duration task and check the times.