Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Schedule Risk Forum Proposal

13 replies [Last post]
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi Guys,

As suggested, we have created a brand new forum category for you to express your thoughts and fears of "Schedule Risk Analysis" and it’s associated issues.

Regards.

Replies

Mike Testro
User offline. Last seen 5 weeks 5 days ago. Offline
Hi Susan

Welcome to Planning Planet

It is not a good idea to resurrect a thread that is 6 years old - some contributors may not be around any more.

Start a new thread with your queries.

Best regards

Mike Testro
Susan Muradova
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
Guys,

Will you help me the purpose and support me in this process realization.

Thanks in advance,
Susan
Susan Muradova
User offline. Last seen 13 years 24 weeks ago. Offline
HI to everybody, I read some your ideas and think that they are excellent.
Please be informed that I am interested in Schedule Risk process and want to be engaged as well
Danya Pearce
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline
Good day all,

The project I am on is embarking on risk analysis on both schedule and budget. I will be involved in both and this is a great opportunity to apply new mthodologies as the Client is dynamic and looking for better ways of reducing risk and costs. At the moment we are discussing the methods to adopt in terms of analysing risk per budget item / activity or a ’group’ of them.

We are in the process of globular risk identiffication and assesement of the likelhood of them occurin which will affect costs and time. We will then assign a contingency after doing a mont carlo simulation on these items. Has anyone done this kind of analysis and have any advice in terms of methods of applcations?

Thanks
Danya Pearce
Good day all, The project I am on is embarking on risk analysis on both schedule and budget. I will be involved in both and this is a great opportunity to apply new mthodologies as the Client is dynamic and looking for better ways of reducing risk and costs. At the moment we are discussing the methods to adopt in terms of analysing risk per budget item / activity or a ’group’ of them. We are in the process of globular risk identiffication and assesement of the likelhood of them occurin which will affect costs and time. We will then assign a contingency after doing a mont carlo simulation on these items. Has anyone done this kind of analysis and have any advice in terms of methods of applcations?
Danya Pearce
Good day all,

The project I am on is embarking on risk analysis on both schedule and budget. I will be involved in both and this is a great opportunity to apply new mthodologies as the Client is dynamic and looking for better ways of reducing risk and costs. At the moment we are discussing the methods to adopt in terms of analysing risk per budget item / activity or a ’group’ of them.

We are in the process of globular risk identiffication and assesement of the likelhood of them occurin which will affect costs and time. We will then assign a contingency after doing a mont carlo simulation on these items. Has anyone done this kind of analysis and have any advice in terms of methods of applcations?
Yes, I agree.
We had made some research calculating probability of meeting target dates and costs in a nunmber of the real projects where planners used deterministic approach. The range of results was from 20 to 38%. Project planning without risk simulation leads to the high probability of the finish delays and cost overruns.
And I noticed the fantastic growth of the forum professional levels. I am sure that risk forum will be most popular in the near future.
Colin Cropley
User offline. Last seen 5 years 48 weeks ago. Offline
Vladimir
Your observations are well made - more project and schedule risk analysis needs to be performed because too many projects fail to meet their objectives.
Clearly the few participating in this forum so far are more aware and enlightened than the many who are not!
Hopefully the forum will build up interest and participation...
We can be optimistic about this because in the early days of the Planning Planet forums, there was not much participation in any of the forums. As this forum has only been operating for a few months, it’s not doing too badly.
Colin Cropley
Forum Guest
User offline. Last seen 2 years 28 weeks ago. Offline
I see that schedule risk forum is not popular. I think that it is atrange because schedule reliability without proper risk analysis is very low. It is not strange that projects are often late and overbudget if proper risk planning was not applied.
Dinesh Kumar
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I agree, this very important topic for schedulers as well as for project managers.This item often ignore during planning and execution.To plan for uncertainities related to schedules is very important as it forces planner to think for problems and allows them to factor in or advice the decision makers the risk related ti schedules.

To have this forum is very useful to share individual experience in this fied and learn from each other to become world class planners.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Mehdi Rashidi Ala...
User offline. Last seen 5 years 38 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,
This item is very important for PM.
I think this item forget for any Project manager.

MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Although they forget the term, they deal with it daily by another terminalogy.