Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

P6 saving data confusion

4 replies [Last post]
Richard Brown
User offline. Last seen 11 years 23 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When you change layout after updating data should you save the layout first. I have noticed when you save layout and then go back into the layout later the data (dates) have changed but if you do not save then the changes are ok.

I'm confused because at the training course recently attended the tutor always reiterated not to save the layout when asked but other people have said that you should save!!

Help please as i'm totally confused.

Replies

Manoj VS
User offline. Last seen 8 years 30 weeks ago. Offline

Saved layouts can be retrieved at later stages. 

If you have changed some thing to persent layout and saved by over writing present layout youcan retrive layout with latest changes only.

At training your trainer may require the layout which he use for describing later lessons. that may be the reason he told not to save the layout.

Raymund de Laza
User offline. Last seen 35 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi,

Try saving the layout for the Current User Only otherwise all users who uses the same layout may modify them and will of course be different from what you saved the last time.

Hope this wil help.

Anning Sofi
User offline. Last seen 5 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

I agree with Alfred posting.

Only, I want to add that  in earlier versions prior to P6 V 7, P6 sometimes or most of the time lost the layout saved after P6 exit.

Alfredo Jr. Hubilla
User offline. Last seen 4 years 44 weeks ago. Offline

When you change layout after updating data should you save the layout first.- If you want to retain the old Layout then dont save it but if you want to see the changes try the "SAVE AS" option.

I'm confused because at the training course recently attended the tutor always reiterated not to save the layout when asked but other people have said that you should save!! - Sometimes you dont have to save the layout just to retain your old layout; but if you want the changes that you made to your layout just try the SAVE AS.

Hope this will help.