Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Confused about the Primavera P6 Optional Client R8.1?

3 replies [Last post]
Emily Foster
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Guys,

Some folks are confused about the role the Primavera P6 Optional Client R8.1 plays verses Primavera P6 Professional. Here it is explained http://bit.ly/xnSksF

I hope this helps,

Emily

Replies

Meraj Zia
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Emily, Thanks for the post. I have this question. Could an EPPM database be converted to P6 Professional database? We implemented EPPM R8.1 but due to non-availability of Admin and EPS management via Optional Client our project controls group is not so pleased with the upgrade as they have to go to web client each time they need to add or move an EPS node and certain other administrative functions. Furthermore, under the web interface, it is not that easy to manage a newly added EPS node as the same automatically goes to the bottom of EPS structure and then it is a frustrating excercise to bring it back to desired level or location. I hope you will be able to shed some useful light on the above concerns and will share if there is an easy fix. Thanks Meraj Zia
Meraj Zia
User offline. Last seen 4 years 3 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Emily,

Thanks for the post. I have this question. Could an EPPM database be converted to P6 Professional database? We implemented EPPM R8.1 but due to non-availability of Admin and EPS management via Optional Client our project controls group is not so pleased with the upgrade as they have to go to web client each time they need to add or move an EPS node and certain other administrative functions. Furthermore, under the web interface, it is not that easy to manage a newly added EPS node as the same automatically goes to the bottom of EPS structure and then it is a frustrating excercise to bring it back to desired level or location.

I hope you will be able to shed some useful light on the above concerns and will share if there is an easy fix.

Thanks

Meraj Zia

Emily Foster
User offline. Last seen 1 year 47 weeks ago. Offline

It's changed again!

In Primavera P6 R8.2 the Optional Client and P6 Professional are now one and the same. You can read about this welcome change here http://bit.ly/xAFgOD

Emily