Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Time Setting for Two Different Team

3 replies [Last post]
John Peter
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Oh Hi guys 

I hope you have completed your Xmas shopping ....

I have a small team of civil designer and site team of workers

civil designers mostly work in office and they do 37.5 hr per week 

where as site staff do 40 hrs per week 

if i change time period to 37.5 hr per week in primavera than my site 8 hours activity shows me duration like 1d.5hr

and 40 hours as 5d2.5hr 

Any suggestion on this Issue

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Try creating two different resource calander one with 37.5h per week for civil designers and other 40h per week for site team. Assign these calenders to their respective activities. You should also set activity type as resource dependant and appropriate duration type either fixed units or fixed units/time.

Cheers

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 day 7 hours ago. Offline

John,

I use different software but try using a 24/7 calendar for your Civil Designers, then assign a 37.5 hours per week calendar to your Office Design activities and a 40 hours per week calendar for your Site Design activities.

By assigning a 24 hours 7 day per week calendar to your resource you will be able to assign different work hours to the work at the office and work at the field to the same designer.

Photobucket

Good luck,

Rafael

John Peter
User offline. Last seen 9 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thanks in Advanced for replies