Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

About P6

4 replies [Last post]
Ponnaganti Sridhar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi! Friends,

i am working as planner from last 10years- My name is Sridhar.

Guies i want to learn P6, all these years i am useing P3 and i am more conversent with P3.

i got trannied in P6, but it is on fast rack process nearly one and year back, and after i never used on real job.

now i am on a new job (Water supply sceam project - In Oman ) even in this contract they have not specified to use only P6, but the previous planner is making in P6.

for the time being i am thinking to convert that into P3 and work on (for updating, schedule , resourse & cost) and convert back into P3 and submit it, is this work for time being.

in near future i expect i need more help from all you.. friends,

Kindly clarify my dought about conversion .. is this possible or not?

and one one more in thing guies, in the project who has to all correspondence to consult ( i mean related to all topics about contract) here in this company i am new , these people are making me confused from my job profile, and even all sumbittals ( i mean material, drawing, MOM's ..etc they are putting on my head ) apart my own job

Thanks,

Sridhar.

Replies

Ponnaganti Sridhar
User offline. Last seen 7 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi! Shahul,

I don't think that you can't handle project having more than 3000 acvitivies cannot be handled in P3 is right. i have used P3 for activites upto 6000 also.

Only thing is is it more comberssion with Activity ID (Coding) and activity codding.

i just want to know is that possible to convert P3 into P6 for such type of projects and back again to P3.

Cheer!

Shahul

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Sridhar.

You can convert P6 to P3 and the other way around,but if your P6 Schedule has more no of Activities (For instance 3000 Activities ) then it is not possible to convert to P3 since P3 can not handle the project which has more activities 

Regards

Shahul

Dr Hu
User offline. Last seen 10 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Where theres a Will therez a way !

If ur project team wants something out of you give it or if they are just playing around give them what they ask for...

In short " A perfect Con is when all are happy"

Kumar Baiju
User offline. Last seen 10 years 13 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Dear Sridhar

Yoy can surely export & import to primavera P6 from P3.

same responsibilty i have given to me. i think senior thin that plannaer is nothng only do post master job ang take the data from other and put in the software.

regards\\