Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Renumbering Activity IDs from top to bottom

12 replies [Last post]
Alexandre Faulx-B...
User offline. Last seen 2 years 2 weeks ago. Offline

Hello there,

One customer of mine is using P6 6.21; she wants to renumber all the activities in a project from PR1000 onward.

She is not allowed to export the data into Excel and use incremnatl copy there; the P6 V7 "Renumber Activity IDs number" is not available in 6.2

Any brilliant idea?

Thank you in advance

Alexandre

Replies

Khuong Do
User offline. Last seen 2 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi,

I write an article regarding How to Renumbering Activity ID in Primavera P6. 

Kindly read it here : https://doduykhuong.wordpress.com/2016/05/27/renumbering-activity-id-in-primavera-p6/

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

alexandre,

It works in 6.2 also..

i have tried it

Anbin Ponnith
User offline. Last seen 8 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hai

http://www.drmcnatty.com/publications/enewsletter/renumbering_activities.pdf

I hope this Link Might Help u.

Regards

Anbin

kumar s
User offline. Last seen 8 years 20 weeks ago. Offline

Alexandre

if you looking for renumbering your activity ID's then here is a easier way...

group all the activities in the way you want your sequence to be.

then go to project details --defaults--auto numbering defaults

activity id prefix---A

actity id suffix---1000

increment ---   10 or 1 or 100

then unclick the  increment actity id based on selected actity.

Go to acitty layout copy  all the activities and paste it.

you can delete the original activities once you get all the actities in your required sequence.

Jose de BArros
User offline. Last seen 8 years 24 weeks ago. Offline

the Id's Can be changed by adding temp id's on all Id's   A1;A2 etc then start renumbering all your  ID sequences as you required

Joe Barros

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Alexandre

What are the sources of the two ID's?  Have you got an example of an activity, what it's ID's are and what it's new ID should be?

Andy

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

Alexandre

Are the numbers correct and you;re just looking to add the PR prefix?  If so you could do it through a global change quite easily.

If you are looking to totally renumber all tasks and you can't export to Excel and renumbering manually is out of the question due to the number of activities, the only other thing I can think ot is that I think there was a utility to do this provided by Primavera called RenumberActs, if you have access you may be able to find it on the Oracle support website.  You will need the SDK installed to use it though.  Sorry I can't help further but I have never used it myself.

Andy