Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Renumber Activity ID’s

2 replies [Last post]
Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Guys,

How i hate this upgrade! how can i totally disable this new feature of P6.7? It really annoys me when i have to manually rename or renumber my activity id’s after copying the same group of activities (typical works).

If i have an activity like drywall partition on one floor that has a typical or same scope on another floor. Before 6.7, in 6.2 if i copy the same activity the same activity prefix and the suffix will just be incremented by 10 or by what ever default placed-in (i.e. dry001 after copying will just be simply dry002). But in 6.7, it just goes like this if i copy an activity with an id like dry001 it will turn out as a1001. So it is really annoying to use copy- paste function.

If there’s a walk around to totally disable the "renumber activity id’s" it will surely be a lot of help.

thanks.

Replies

Ruel Camaquin
User offline. Last seen 3 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
Rodel,

Thank you for the insight, it help a bit. i kinda be changing the numbering format here at our office. We always started our activity number regardless of it prefix like DRY001 but P6v7 only add DRY1 when copying a similar or typical activity, we guess we have to be use to the new numbering default of P6.7.

Ruel
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 9 hours 2 min ago. Offline
Ruel,
Activity ID controls by Project Default settings. (Project Window-> Default tabs-> under Auto-numbering defaults).
If you wanted to follow existing Activity ID or selected activity id when copying and pasting tick Increment Activity ID based on selected activity. If you want to use the default settings then un-tick the said features.