Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Renumber Activity IDs - Option Grayed Out

1 reply [Last post]
Chris Watters
User offline. Last seen 8 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Forum, first post here from a new-ish Primavera user !

I'm using P6 Professional release 8.3.5. User rights are 'power/key user'

I have a project created myself, unfortunately the Activity ID's are a mess (due to importing activities from other areas)

Now, there is of course the option Renumber Activity IDs under the Edit menu. However, this is, for some reason, grayed out. The software logic has decided that I'm not allowed to do that.

However, I cannot for the life of me figure out why ! Some weeks ago, in the same project, it did actually work and I could renumber some ID's. Not any more, though.

I have tried everything - removing filters, etc -> nothing is allowing the software to internally allow me to use this option. It remains dead and grayed out. There are no baselines yet, and I only have the one project opoen, and I'm the only one with the project open.

Is there something I am missing ?

Thanks in advance,

Chris

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

it has to be a rights issue if this is on a server make sure that no one else is in it or has it open by going to projects directory and highlight your project and then select users on the right