Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Risk Impact calculation

1 reply [Last post]
Haresh Jayanth
User offline. Last seen 6 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Hi,

I am doing risk impact calculation. I have selected a specific WBS and impacted date accordingly it has assigned the Curent labour units, materal units , expenses etc.

In the impact column, i have given 100% impact as risk assesment, accordingly , it has calculated the exposure of the said risks. All activities in the selected WBS are critical activities.

My questions are as under

a) Can i selecte a range of dates for my risk occurances i.e. more than one day.
b) In the above risk analysis, if i did calculation there is no impact for this risk , Current & Current+impact dates are the same, even if i show 100% impact on this risk?? How is it possible...
c)How does risk analyss work........can any one guide me....

Replies

Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 days 23 hours ago. Offline
a) The answer is NO. You can only select the start date when the risk is going to occur. The range is the number of impact days or units x % of impact.

b) The reason why current & current+impact date are the same is you apply a risk to an over allocated resources which prevent P6 from levelling the resource. Meaning if resources assigned to activiy under WBS is exceeding from the max unit/time set on resource Unit & Price then P6 will not level the resource.
Ex: resource1 having max unit/time = 8/d and assigned to 5 day having budgeted unit of 50 units then unit/time = 10/d which is exceeding from max unit/time (8/d) therefore P6 will not level the resource and date will not be calculated even risk is applied but impacted cost and units will be calculated.

c) same answer as b)