Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Percent Complete inquiry

5 replies [Last post]
George Ridulme
User offline. Last seen 12 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
HI there,

Can someone help me, i am having diffculty in getting the percentage completion of the entire project. Am I missing something.

Thanks in advance

Replies

George Ridulme
Thanks james,

I;ve tried to put some resources on my sample project, unfortunately when I need to get the percentage completion, I have to recompute the total duration and the remaining duration. Is there an easy way where in I can have it viewd on my project. Just to lessen my time for computation.

Thanks in advance, Its really great to be a member of thois forum.

Cheers ! ! !
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
also, is your schedule fully costed??
Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
george

do you have any %comp on your activities??

George Ridulme
Hi James,

Thanks for your reply, ive tried your suggestion, but unfortunately its still the same. Is there any thing I can do with this, I just need to know the Percentage of completion of our project.

Thanks in advance
James Shimmon
User offline. Last seen 13 years 31 weeks ago. Offline
depends what type of percent complete you are using to monitor progress, if you are using physical % complete then this won’t roll up through the WBS levels as you cant compare apples with oranges, try using performance % complete column next to the physical % complete one on your layout, it isnt ideal but it will roll up through WBS levels to the project level