Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Completed activities but Physical Percent complete not 100%

3 replies [Last post]
Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hello Planners, 

I am using Primavera P6 Professional R8.4.

Some of the Activities which have been marked as completed do not show the Physical Percent complete as 100%. Is this a setting's Issue? 

Regards

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 days 5 hours ago. Offline
Groups: None

yes that make sense whne reporting progress you have 3 options to track your progress, duration % complete, physical % complete or units.

to fix this run a global change

where duration % complete is greater than 0

then Physcial % compelte = duration % complete

Pranab Kumar Deb
User offline. Last seen 2 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Hi David,

Thats right, Its a Oracle Vocab moment actually :)

You were right, I had actually selected the Setting, "Physical percent complete by activity step", thank you for pointing this out. In fact I had inherited a develped schedule which I just resource loaded with a level of activity at the lowest WBS level and for this project I had selected Physical percent complete based on activity step and I had put the rules of credit on the steps. Now, for this new project I just made a copy of that schedule and hence that setting got copied over.

Thanks David,

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 34 weeks ago. Offline

A Vocabulary moment. In P6 an activity can be 100% complete, but not have a finish date and therefore be finished. These are two separate status.

When an Activity has an actual finish date, it is always 100% complete unless:

1) The activity has a physical % compete type, AND

2) In the calculations tab at the project level, the setting to calculate Physical % complete by the aggregation of an activity's steps is chosen