Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Earned Value Cost vs Physical Percent Complete

6 replies [Last post]
Henry Hermosura
User offline. Last seen 6 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi, how could i solve my problem on how to correct my earned value cost calculation on my updated Schedule in P6. Example of incorrect earned value cost is 2500USD instead of 6500USD at 100% Physical % Completed. Is there any way to resolve this issue? Is there any settings needs to fix in P6 v8.2?   Thank you in advance.

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 1 day ago. Offline

if you do that remember to update the raming duration 

Henry Hermosura

Hi David,

Thank you for the help it helps a lot. Best regard...

Kannan CP
User offline. Last seen 4 weeks 14 hours ago. Offline

Hi Henry,

Ensure that in the settings,the percent complete type for the activity is  "PHYSICAL". 

Best Regards

Kannan

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

...... and while you are at it, you might prefer the column "performance % complete" instead of "Physical % complete"

David Kelly
User offline. Last seen 1 year 38 weeks ago. Offline

Henry,

Primavera only earns value from a baseline. So strictly speaking your "Budgeted Total Cost" is not necessarily relevant to earned value calculations.

If you want to "earn" from the current schedue, you must assign one of either the "Project" or "Primary" baselines to "current" project in the "Assign baselines" control under the project pull down, and then in the "Settings" tab of the project window, select the correct baseline to calculate earned value from.

Have fun! You might also need to check the setting in Admin Preferences - but check out the above first!

Henry Hermosura

In addition below are the updated schedule for reference:

doc1.jpg