Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import/Export

8 replies [Last post]
Jonathan Ward
User offline. Last seen 12 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
Hello,
this will probably be somewhat of a no-brainer to most of you,, exporting data from P3 is not an issue, however importing does not work with such ease, i am using the exported .DBF file as a template to add the data that i wish to import back into P3, all of the new activities that i add onto the sheet are given a unique activity ID and i think everything else is correct, i can not get excel to save the data that i am changing in the .dbf file, excel gives a dialog box to say that data may be lost, all of the changes i make are lost from the .dbf file that i have saved!!! jolly frustrating

Replies

Dear all,

I have problem in importing xer p6 file.

Error occur "CVRCU-1939-9  Default value  provided for field ev_compute_type is not valid"

Waiting for your inputs.

COCOY

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 2 weeks ago. Offline
2048 lines to be exact.

Oh and if you’re importing as DBF file type, the field types take their values from the row below the headings. So if your first row contains blanks, adn the second row contains a date, then the DBF file will import that field as a text field and will not import the dates correctly.

Bill Guthrie
User offline. Last seen 7 years 49 weeks ago. Offline
steve, WKS limits imports to about 2200 activities, DBF has no limitations
Ran into this when i was inporting 7000 activites into a schedule one time

lesson learned

cheers b
Jonathan Ward
that is great, thank you all very much for your help
Steven Oliver
User offline. Last seen 11 years 21 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Why not use the wk* format ?
Rodel Marasigan
User offline. Last seen 3 hours 36 min ago. Offline
Hi Jonathan,

1) Use Insert-> Name-> Define
2) then select "Database"
3) Erase the range on Refer to box
4) Hilight the range to you want for Database
5) Click Add and then Okay

That should change the range of your database.

Regards,
Rodel
Jonathan Ward
thanks for your help, think i may still be missing something here, i have selected all of the new data that i have entered on the sheet, gone to Insert-Name-apply, then having selected ’database’ i get the error that reads ’Microsoft Excel cannot find any references to replace’, the file will not retain any of the data that i have entered?
Hannes de Bruyne
User offline. Last seen 1 year 31 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi

something I learned in this forum some time ago:

in the Excel menu look at Insert->Name. Here you wil find a range called "database". This range must be changed to the new range. Thats all.

Hannes