Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Database Import/Export

13 replies [Last post]
Karim Mounir
User offline. Last seen 9 years 35 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None
Hi,

We use P5 on a server running windows server 2003 and MSSQL Server 2000 SP4.
I need to export the database file in order to use it on my laptop, the import/export wizard is causing me headache!

Any ideas?

Replies

Mangesh Khuspe
User offline. Last seen 26 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Hi
dieter, Thats nice, such a shift at a age of 44, hats off to you.
i will send u screenshot tomorrow.
thanks for your help.

regards

mangesh
Dieter Wambach
User offline. Last seen 6 years 51 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Mangesh
As for the shift it is very easy. At the age of 44 my employer went bankrupt - I was IT-Manager. When I looked for a new job, the standard question was for my age and I then was evaluated as too old without checking experience or knowledge. Even the guy at the governmental job agency adviced me, to prepare for retirement. So I checked for other chances. Today I feel very well in my position.
But that’s Germany.
What was the error message you received? Maybe you’ll mail me a screenshot.
Regards
Dieter
Mangesh Khuspe
Hi

Dieter, Thanks a lot for your reply, yeah the servers installed and its running, the p5 got installed andits running too, but somehow it is not configuring itself with server, i have MSSQL server, first i will check today the commands you gave me and find it out.
i have asled IT guys but they are busy with some other things.

cheers

mangesh

Dieter about your shift from IT to planning quite frankly i must say thats a strange shift, coz here in india civil guys go to IT but IT never shift to Civil.
Karim Mounir
Thanks Dieter.

Regards,
Karim
Dieter Wambach
Hi Mangesh
If the SQL-server registration failed, you’ll better ask your IT staff.
If Primavera’s registration failed, you didn’t synchronize the database that you restored or the service wasn’t started.
The Server must run. In general it is added to the autostart during installation. But under Start --> Programs --> MS-SQL server you can start it manually. Are the required services installed and running? I’m at home - still some holidays - so I can’t check which ones are required. Your IT staff should know.
Regards Dieter
Karim Mounir
one more thing, I notice that the "SQL Server Service Manger" isn’t running (ie. the small server icon in the taskbar is not present).

Maybe I can’t register the local server due to this?
Karim Mounir
Hi Dieter,

I took a backup of the database file from the server.

Now when I open the enterprise manager from my laptop I found nothing, there is no pre-defined SQL server.
I need to register a new SQL server, so I followed the wizard and selected my laptop as the server and connected using the windows account info but the registration failed.

Can u help?

Best Regards,
Karim
Dieter Wambach
Hi Mangesh
Here are the two statements you’ll have to run with your notebook-SQL-Server:
exec sp_change_users_login ’Update_One’, ’Pubuser’, ’pubuser’
exec sp_change_users_login ’Update_One’, ’Privuser’, ’privuser’

The problem is, that SQL server always references the user-id to the server id. Therefore the synchronize is required.

Dear Mangesh, my background is IT, but since about 8 years I moved into construction and oil&gas project planning.
Kind regards from Germany
Dieter
Rodel Marasigan
User is online Online
Mangesh,

Username: privuser
Password: privuser

Username: pubuser
Password: pubuser

HTH
Mangesh Khuspe
Hi
dieter,
i have one problem do you know how to synchronize thr privuser or pubuser, actually i have installed a copy of p5 on my laptop but i cant configure it. it always shows bad user name or bad public name.
do you know what is the password for privuser or pubuser.
actually i have tried it but failed, if possible please help, i know u are not a IT person but still iam asking u this question.

cheers

mangesh
Dieter Wambach
Hi Karim
1. Open Enterprise Manager of your SQL-Server
2. Select P3e-database
3. Right mouse button
4. All tasks
5. Backup --> Remember to which location you put data- and log-file
6. Close Enterprise Manager
7. Open Enterprise Manager of your notebook
8. Analogue above --> "Restore"
9. Enter new database’ name, tag "Overwrite..", select the data and log-file you just created --> OK
10. Synchronize the Privuser and pubuser. If you’ll forget, P3e would tell you that the database doesn’t exist - or similiar.
11. Connect the new database to P3e
12. Work

Hope this helps
Dieter
Karim Mounir
1- I’m using SQL server.
2- No problem for the license, the laptop is for the work (belongs to the company).
3- Kindly elaborate.

Regards,
Karim
MK TSE
User offline. Last seen 3 years 45 weeks ago. Offline
1. your notebook is using SQL server or MSDE? the step are different

2. according to licence agreement, relocation of database mean transfer of licence, may consider this point.

3. need to detach/attach database