Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Import/Export Data to and fro P3e and MS Excel - A

18 replies [Last post]
Shahrol Sabaruddin
User offline. Last seen 13 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
Question:-

Eventhough there’s so many thread discussing about this topic, I would like to know if there’s really a way to do import/export between P3e and MS Excel? I could easily do this in P3 3.1. How you do this the easiest way in P3e? Or there’s no way you could do it in P3e?

Replies

Shahrol Sabaruddin

Well guys, I do not know that my question leads to lot of thing............ I guess it is not a stupid question after all!

Cheer up, everybody especially Brad, this is the only place for planner and scheduler to ask a lot of question whether it is stupid or not!

I consider myself a newbie, rest asure there bound to be more stupid question.

Thanks.
Vishwas Bindigana...
User offline. Last seen 6 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None
Report to the Moderators -

Please delete the post by Brad Lord. His reply is unprofessional and completely against the fundamental ethics/concepts of Project Management.

Please also make it a point to use punitive measures on PPers who abuse this forum.
Dayanidhi Dhandapany
User offline. Last seen 3 years 3 weeks ago. Offline
no one can be 100% perfect.................
...or how to spell!
kamran hazini
User offline. Last seen 11 years 32 weeks ago. Offline
of course this is an expert. Maybe he can teach everybody some lessons how to be polite, how to become a taxi driver or ......!!!
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Mr Lord,

I assume you’re an expert.

regards

Henk

Brad Lord
User offline. Last seen 9 years 46 weeks ago. Offline
why dont u all [censored] stop asking stupid questions, if u dont know how to do your job drive a taxi or [censored]

[moderator edit: Brad, please review the Forum Rules and Guidelines - specifically item #2]
Ming Cheung
User offline. Last seen 19 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
Please visit the Primavera’s Knowledgebase to download the correct version of the Excel file.
kamran hazini
Dear Ming, My available P3e CD is not containing this excel file. could you please forward it to me with this email address: kamranhazini@yahoo.com
thanks in advance.
Ming Cheung
User offline. Last seen 19 years 10 weeks ago. Offline
The SDK is inside the Primavera Enterprise 1st CD.
kamran hazini
Hi Guys;
Where can I find this SDK for P3e? As far as I understand it is a free tool. Is there anybody could introduce me the web-site (except for Primavera web site!!) or could forward it to me?
thanks
kamran
kamranhazini@yahoo.com
Shahrol Sabaruddin
Phil,

What a relief! Great! What other feature are they going to add?

Thanks.
Guys,
If you can wait till June P3e V5 will have import/export functionality.
Regards
Phil
Shahrol Sabaruddin
How to use the SDK to export or import data (MS Excel)especially? Is there a step by step instruction?
Shahrol Sabaruddin
Alex,

How about importing it back (paste it in P3e) after doing some modification or adjustment in Excel? Will it update in P3e without any problem or error?

Thanks
Alex Wong
User offline. Last seen 11 years 4 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: TILOS
Dear All,

There are few ways to export data to excel speardsheet

1. Copy and paste - Select the column you want to copy in the activity and copy to a excel speardsheet. It would work on data that is not time related.

2. Report - In the report area in P3e you can select 99.999% of the fields you want to export including time distribution information. Once you set up the report when you run the report you can then select the option as generate a CSV file. Then you can simply open the exported file in Excel

3. SDK (Free) - By Primavera

4. API (you need to paid $ to get API) - By Primavera

Importing function

1. SDK

2. API

3. Software kits developed by other user - I think one call SunTech.

Regards

Alex

Dinesh Kumar Dama...
User offline. Last seen 8 years 14 weeks ago. Offline
Mr.Hank,

Did you use the Import/Export utility provided by P3E for ver 3.1 which works with Excel?

I have problem in using it.any comments advice on how to import progress from Excel.

Thanks & regards

Dinesh
Henk van der Heide
User offline. Last seen 6 years 19 weeks ago. Offline
Dear shahrol,

Yes their is a way.
It is the SDK in combination with Activity.xls sheet (for example) However it’s not as powerfull as P3win (import/export.)
If you want to set up a new project and you want to use a lot of existing data i suggest an import to p3win (if you still have p3win availabel) and then import this file into P3e.

Regards

Henk