Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Manhours Calculation

3 replies [Last post]
Zain Imran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

I am relativly new to project planning and I am currently wotking on man-hours calculation for an Engineering-Procurment-Construction project. I can calculate the man hours for the construction activities but how do I calculate the manhours for Procurement and Engineering (Specifically designing activities and data collection/data sheets preparation activities)?

If any one could provide me with a list of standard man hours for Engineering, it would be a great help.

Thankyou all in advance for helping.

Replies

Zain Imran
User offline. Last seen 5 years 5 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Thank you sir for your response. Would you be kind enough to share any previous engineering standard manhours. It would be a great help.

my email is zainimran903@gmail.com

Jithin Kambhikanam
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 2 days ago. Offline

Zain,

You shouldnt calcualte the Manhours for Engineering. This has to be given by the Engineering Manager.

Procurement Manhours you can take it from the Procurement Manager but usually Procurement is Weighted based on the Value of Item rather than manhours.

Regards

Jithin

Anoon Iimos
User offline. Last seen 2 years 15 weeks ago. Offline
The best thing you can do is make a guess or assumptions. Or perhaps copy data from previous similar projects. Simply because you can never have any basis for new design and procurement works as these are all variables in the first place. And you need to collaborate with various vendors just to gather data / data sheets. I guess even if you ask "Michelangelo" if how long will it take him to do a certain job, what would be his answer? The question remains a question.