Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Budgeted Labor Units changes after import

1 reply [Last post]
Sean Moghimi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 6 weeks ago. Offline

Dear Schedulers,

For some reason after importing my schedule in another computer with P6, my budgeted labor units slightly changes (from 805,700 manhours to 789,500); all user settings seem to be identical in both machines. Please help, I gotta get my baseline schedule approved shortly.

Thanks, Sean

Replies

Khaja Sharief
User offline. Last seen 10 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

I would advise to reconcile the budgeted manhours activity wise in both the machines. This lets you understand where exactly is the variation. It's not so difficult, just export the P6 data from both machines with Activity ID and Budgeted Units as fields into excel and then run v-lookup. Having this excercise done, will be able to identify the root cause.