Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Performance % Complete Change After Assigning Baseline

2 replies [Last post]
Ahmad AbdRabou
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

As per the above subject, there's a difference in Performance % complete before and after I add & assigne a baseline.

that difference is not for all items, some items doesn't change.

I need to understand what happened.

Replies

Ahmad AbdRabou
User offline. Last seen 1 year 43 weeks ago. Offline

Thanks a lot for replying, I appreciate that so much.

can you explain to me why is this happening?

I can expect one of the reasons but it's not sufficient to cover the whole thing.

that reasone whould be that, the diference happens when the schedule have some activities that have progress but not completed. when baseline is loaded, the total progress will be calculated as if the ongoing activities are completed, and that would make a change in Perforemance % Complete, and of course it should be relative to the amount of ongoing activites and it's weight. Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

with that being said, I still believe that there's another reason. I hope that you can help me understand it.

Thanks again.

Kyle Dundas
User offline. Last seen 5 years 37 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Ahmad,

P6 Uses your BL to Calculate Performance % Complete.

If you go to the ADMIN TAB and ADMIN PREFERENCES this window will pop up:

untitled.jpg
Select Earned Value Tab on the Left.

See the bottom calculation and chose the one that best suits what you looking for.

Either way, your perforamce % complete will change when assigning a baseiline.

When no baseline is asigned it uses the current project to calculate Earned value.

Hope this helps

Kind Regards

Kyle Dundas