Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Baseline Bars

4 replies [Last post]
Roland Payawan
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi Everyone,

Gday.

Just a quick one. I got a Programme of the 12 months contract project. We're already completed the first quater and we have status several activities. I have not assign any baseline programme and we're just having BL and BL1 as  "current project" as default  however I wonder why the BL bar and Current bar are coming different.

I'd love to hear any ideas.

Cheers,

Replies

Ronald Winter
User offline. Last seen 3 years 7 weeks ago. Offline

Roland,

There are a dozen different answers to your question depending upon which software you are using.  I shall assume that you are referring to P6.  If that assumption is incorrect, then ignore the next paragraph.

The dates displayed at the ends of P6 baseline bars come from the Planned Start and Planned Finish columns.  These columns ‘float’ along with the activity’s Early Start and Early Finish dates until the activity registers an Actual Start.  At that point, the Planned Start and Planned Finish dates ‘freeze’.  Should the activity later show a progress situation other than the ‘frozen’ Early Finish date, one would observe that the baseline bars no longer match the early bar.  I hope that this helps.  Good luck!

Anand Kurmi
User offline. Last seen 2 years 11 weeks ago. Offline

Just put the sanpshot of your schedule to understand better. Shall answer your querry after that.

Shah. HB
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 days ago. Offline

Hi Payawan 

You are correct it is due to updates you did in the first quater

Regards

Shahul

Roland Payawan
User offline. Last seen 4 years 34 weeks ago. Offline

I m talking of the baseline bars of all the inprogress and completed activities that have a different bars.