Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Adding new activities to an exisitng P6 Baseline - without changing existing activity baseline

1 reply [Last post]
andrew francis
User offline. Last seen 1 week 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Hi I hope someone can advise,

I am creating a schedule which has 5 workstream leads doing different things, I would like to create a schedule that includes all their activities but they will not be available at the onset.

I would like to add say workstream 1 then add a baseline for that , then say next week add work stream 2 activities  and add to the first baseline but not re set the workstream 1 baseline - is this possible? 

Replies

david kelly
User offline. Last seen 13 hours 55 min ago. Offline
Groups: None
Andrew, This is very easy, as long as your P6 version is 16 or more. You need a code, probably but not necessarily WBS, that you can use to distinguish the activities that should be added to the existing baseline. Then the 'Update' button in the maintain baselines option will allow you to use that as a filter. This was a horrible mess until version 16, I have a user guide that I can send you if necessary for this.