Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Filter Activities without FS Relations Only

5 replies [Last post]
Arun Vasanth
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

Dear Friends,

I got a program for review .I forgot to filter the activities dont have FS relations .

Please help.

Replies

Tom Reichner
User offline. Last seen 5 years 17 weeks ago. Offline

Arun,

You might try building P6 Reports for each type of activity relationship. P6 Reports includes filters for FS, SS, FF, and SF relationships, so you would be equipped to list these activities by type of relationship.

Any planner/scheduler using Primavera P6 can gain additional capability by learning how to build custom P6 Reports. The P6 database holds all of the data entered into Primavera. Most of the data in the database is automatically organized into tables with columns and rows. Ordinary filters and layouts can't provide much of the useful information embedded in the database, but P6 Reports offers a way to query the database to pull out and organize more of the data. Any P6 Report can be exported as a comma/delimited csv file and saved as an Excel file for further re-organization.

I've built a number of custom P6 Reports. I'm now retired, but I've kept most of them on a thumb drive. Any P6 erp report can easily be imported from the P6 Reports screen. If you would like some of the P6 Reports I've made, please send me an email at treichner@yahoo.com.   

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 19 hours 16 min ago. Offline

If the Successors and Predecessors columns give you information to identify link type a filter should do it very easily.

photo FS01_zpsdcmuyqxd.png

photo FS00_zpsljzwajdy.png

As a word of caution I believe if you only check against predecessors a few activities might be missing. Look in my example for Activity 10 it has no predecessor links, it is on the successor links that non FS links happen.

Good Luck,

Rafael

Tom Boyle
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

Arun,

There is not a standard layout (nor a standard report) that shows this in P6.

1. The simplest approach is to export the schedule data to Excel, then autofilter the predecessors list.
  2. If you insist on working inside P6, then
  • Use the Report Wizard to make a new report of "Subject Area" = Activity Relationships, then;
  • In "Configure Selected Subject Areas," apply a filter for, "Where Relationship Type is not equal to FS".
  • You'll also need to add columns to the report to make it readable - e.g. Predecessor Project/ID/Description, Successor Project/ID/Description.

Good luck, tom

Arun Vasanth
User offline. Last seen 5 years 6 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: GPC Qatar

P6 R8.2

An answer depends on the software that you use.