Has your question already been answered?

Get a quicker response; before you post, why not search to see if it has already been answered

Is there any Relationship b/w Performance% complete value & Total float value.....???

5 replies [Last post]

Hi Seniors,

I want to know is there any relation b/w performance% complete value & total float value. In my case, my schedule % complete value is 15.5 & performance % complete value is 11.
against these percentages my plan showing the delay of -14 days. I want to know why is much difference btw my schedule & performance percentage where my delay is only for -14 days.

please help me out with finest one.

Replies

Thanxs zahid...

zahid shaikh
User offline. Last seen 19 weeks 3 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

1) Schedule % complete is calculated in P6 wrt to Baseline Planned dates and Data Date.

Eg: Activity start and finish are 22-Dec-17 to 2-Jan18 i.e. duration is 12 days. When data date is 25-Dec-17, (22-Dec-17)-(25-Dec-17)=4days. Schedule % will be 4days/12 days = 27%. For data Date 29-Dec-17. Schedule % will be 64%.

2) For Performance %; It is calculated wrt to Duration % complete/Units % complete/Physical % complete, depending on how the progress is being recorded. I.e Performance % complete is = Duration % complete (assuming that the project is resource loaded)

Thanks for your response.
I did not get it what are you trying to ask me but according to my understanding, i am measuring the performance w.r.t time.

Waiting for your reply.

Thanks for your response.
I did not get it what are you trying to ask me but according to my understanding, i am measuring the performance w.r.t time.

Waiting for your reply.

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 20 hours 37 min ago. Offline

how are you measuring the performance ?