Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

schedule comparison - can´t read projects on the SQLite db

2 replies [Last post]
Giacomo Biagini
User offline. Last seen 4 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi,

I am not able to see any project on a SQLite db with the Primavera Visualizer. Suggestions?

- No problems with projects on the remote MS-SQL Server shared db.
- No error message, just no project is shown.
- I have full admin rights on the machine.
- A colleague of mine, with the same model of machine, has no such problems with the same projects on his local SQLite db. We both had v17, but I upgraded to v18.8.6. I didn´t try to run the schedule visualizer with v.17 on my machine.
- Unsuccessfully tried to: projects/db open/closed in p6 while trying to access with the Visualizer, reinstalling p6, creating new local SQLite db, patching p6.

Thanks

Replies

Giacomo Biagini
User offline. Last seen 4 years 8 weeks ago. Offline

Hi Santosh,

thanks for the reply.

Apparently no issues with the DB. I can work without problems with any of the SQLite DBs converted from v.17 to v.18 and the ones created directly with the v.18 version.

Only issue is with the importing of MSproject files, I receive an error with many XML. Patching didn´t solve it. From the import log: [···] Failed to load type for module CommandLineModule. Error was: An exception occurred while initializing module 'CommandLineModule'. [···] Information Exception Exception trying to load global data for Calendar: System.FormatException: String was not recognized as a valid DateTime. [···]

Santosh Bhat
User offline. Last seen 1 year 3 weeks ago. Offline

Is it a Database version issue? Connect to the SQLite DB using the latest P6 Professional client - do you receive an error message about versions?