Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

CAN'T PRINT 36" X 48" SINCE UPGRADING TO WIN 7

4 replies [Last post]
Kelly Findlay
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline
Groups: None

When I want to create a pdf report to email the program will automatically resize the report to some sort of "fit to page" format during the "print" process, it will not let me change the size to 36" x 48", I am only trying to create the pdf to email and not to print it. I have Windows 7, do I need a specific version of Adobe? Note that this is working fine on my Windows XP computer but since upgrading to Windows 7 I have the error.

Thank you in advance for the assistnce.

Replies

Rafael Davila
User offline. Last seen 1 hour 22 min ago. Offline

Try temporarily setting your PDF Printer as the default Windows 7 Printer and also set your default page size the size you are looking for, this happened to me with older software (SureTrak) when my older version of Windows was upgraded, the proposed workaround worked for me.

Another option you might try is to run the program in compatibility mode.

Maybe, both workarounds do work.

Andy Power
User offline. Last seen 3 years 27 weeks ago. Offline

I'd try a different PDF writer, i am able to print to PDF in various sizes including 36 x 42 which is probably the closest.  There is also a hidden print menu (hold ALT and type 0 1 6 on the numeric keypad) though i don't think that will help in this case.

Kelly Findlay
User offline. Last seen 13 years 12 weeks ago. Offline

This is for a customer of mine that is a building contractor and his clients need the whole workflow printer out on a plotter in that size. I am his IT support and trying to resolve his problem and when researching it I found alot of people with the same problem.

Thank you I will try PDF reDirect and PDF Creator.

Nader K. Rad
User offline. Last seen 3 years 42 weeks ago. Offline

Besides that I don't get why you need this size and why you have this problem, I think that using another PDF maker might help. I usually use PDF reDirect and PDF Creator, and both of them are free.