Guild of Project Controls: Compendium | Roles | Assessment | Certifications | Membership

Tips on using this forum..

(1) Explain your problem, don't simply post "This isn't working". What were you doing when you faced the problem? What have you tried to resolve - did you look for a solution using "Search" ? Has it happened just once or several times?

(2) It's also good to get feedback when a solution is found, return to the original post to explain how it was resolved so that more people can also use the results.

Changing the order of activities

5 replies [Last post]
Charlotte Underhill
User offline. Last seen 5 years 51 weeks ago. Offline

Hi All,

I'm new to using primavera, i currently use Asta Powerproject, so this software is scary compared to what i know.

Can anyone help me, i'm trying to simply re-order my activities?

To explain what i've done so far:

I have added in 3 activities, given them a name and duration, applied logic to them and sceduled. Now i want to add a new activity inbetween activity 1 & 2?

Thanks in advance,

Charlotte

Replies

Zoltan Palffy
User offline. Last seen 3 weeks 4 days ago. Offline
Groups: None

think I already said that 

Gün Göksu
User offline. Last seen 1 year 40 weeks ago. Offline

Try to keep a gap of 10 (default) between the activity ID's if you intend to sort them by ActID (but you will quickly run out).

On the long term, consider using activity codes and sort through that.

You can sort by any column by clicking the column header.

Zoltan Palffy

click on the top of the column that you want re-ordered

Ahmed Sho
User offline. Last seen 4 years 47 weeks ago. Offline
Hi Charlotte You can add more activities to the 3activities you have already just the way you added those 3activities in the first place highlight where you want to add another activity and click on the +sign on the right hand side and your activity will be added. Thanks
Zoltan Palffy

it can be used just like excel if you click on the top of ANY column your data will be organized alpha numerically in an ascending  order. If you click it again it will be listed in an alpha numeric descending order

also under group and sort you can also tell it what oder that you want and can have more than 1. i.e. sort order by 

start 

activity id